Spooky season is a fan favorite for many reasons. It is the time of year filled with scary movies, Halloween decor, haunted houses, and a bunch of hocus pocus. Having a dog during the Halloween season can make it 10x more fun (because Halloween isn’t just for the human beings). If you plan on dressing your pup in a dog costume this year for Halloween night (or a good Halloween party), it is only natural to take a million photos of your pup (cuteness overload). If you plan on sharing your photos on social media this year, check out these fun Halloween dog quotes to get your creative juices flowing.
These Halloween dog quotes include funny Halloween wishes, funny dog puns, short sayings, and other funny quotes to put you in the Halloween headspace. They make perfect Instagram captions and help to bring a little magic to your your dog’s account.
Halloween Dog Quotes
Quotes so cute, you could find them on a greeting card
Cheesy (but amazing) Dog Pun Halloween Jokes
- Come to the bark side (a.k.a dark side- some of the best puns come from changing lines from famous movies)
- Happy Howl-oween (perfect for when you need cute Halloween greetings)
- Count Bark-ula
- The cutest pup-kin in the patch (we love a great pumpkin pun)
- Mom says I’m a haunt mess
- Paws off the treats
- Trick or Treating with the best ghoul friends
- Feelin’ Paws-itively fa-boo-lous in my costume
- Pup-kin spice and everything nice
- My costume is truly rebarkable
- One spook-tacular pup
Happy Halloween Quotes
These Halloween captions are a perfect way to get you into the spooky holiday mindset.
- My dog is my boo
- My pup is wickedly cute
- Too cute to spook
- Will do tricks for treats
- I’m so cute it’s actually scary
- Scary and hairy (super appropriate for your furry friend)
- Lick or Treat
- Sorry…I ate my costume
- No tricks…just treats
- Introducing the cutest Halloween hounds around (double double toil and trouble-cute Instagram caption for a pair of best friends’ dogs)
- With my boo crew (picture a group of dogs in homemade costumes)
Breed Specific Hallows Eve Captions
These Halloween dog quotes are perfect if you are looking for puns that go along with a specific breed. Take your dog’s breed and see if you can come up with a fun one!
- LABra-cadabra! (perfect for a Labrador Retriever)
- The cutest PUG-kin in the patch…or dog park (Pug)
- Won’t stop retrievin’ these treats! (this could be used for any kind of retriever pup)
- Happy Halloweenie! (Dachshund)
- I look absolutely terrier-fying tonight (this could work for any terrier breed)
- Where’s my PUG-kin Spice Latte? (another Pug pun)
Things to do with your Dog on Halloween
- Watch horror movies or Halloween related movies on the couch cuddled up with your pup. The good news is dogs won’t get spooked and they are the perfect distraction during the really scary parts. Bonus points if you make fall/Halloween themed food (caramel apple or popcorn anyone?)
- If you are not planning on going out, no fear– pass out candy to trick or treaters in your best Halloween costumes (bonus points if it’s a matching costume with your dog). Your adorable costumed pup will surely steal the show.
- Go trick or treating with the whole family. Keep your dog leashed and make sure they will be okay around all the neighborhood kids that will be walking around trick or treating.
- Attend a dog-friendly Halloween party. Check online to see if there are any local dog parks/restaurants having a dog friendly Halloween-themed event. For example, our local dog park holds an annual dog costume contest every October.
What are the Cutest Dog Costumes?
- Super Hero– dogs are already like superhero’s so just add a cape!
- Bandit– your pup already stole your heart so this costume is very fitting. All you need is a black and white striped shirt and mask.
- Ghost– the classic last-minute Halloween costume idea. Make sure to look up a tutorial on how to cut the fabric so it doesn’t drag the floor (or fall off your dog).
- Where’s Waldo– all you need is a red and white striped shirt and beanie. The glasses might be a bit harder to actually keep on your dog.
- Beanie Baby– the popular 90’s/early 2000’s craze. This is an easy DIY project if you don’t feel like buying your dog a costume or are crunched for time. Use red and white felt paper to cut a heart and the iconic “ty” to make your dog look like a living doll.
*If dressing up your dog is not really your thing (or your dog absolutely hates it) consider dressing your dog in a cute Halloween-themed bandana instead. This way you can still have that festive feel without having to worry about a costume. One of my personal favorite places to find super cute bandanas is on Etsy. Another option is switching out your dog’s collar for different holidays as another way to celebrate the occasion.
Cute Dog Halloween Wallpaper for iphone/ipad
If you are reading this post, I can only assume you are the kind of dog lover who would enjoy a Halloween-themed dog wallpaper for your phone/ipad. Scroll down to download (for free) our hand-drawn wallpaper featuring cute costume ghost pups. Our little spooky gift to you! Happy HOWL-oween!
So, whether you plan on spending Halloween night curled up on the couch with a fall candle burning or out and about in a fun costume, you can guarantee that a good time will be had. Hopefully these Instagram captions will give you ideas on cute Halloween pictures to post of your pup all season long.
*Download Wallpapers ⇓ Simply, click the link below
Want More from The Dog Darling?
*If you are looking for more captions, dog bio ideas, or dog highlight covers for your pet influencer Instagram account, click here.