Are you searching for blue eyed dog names (one that you would actually use)? Choosing a name for your new dog can be hard. When we got our dog Lacy, my husband and I could not agree on a name. There were so many options. Do you choose a name that is short and easy to say? Do you choose a name that matches their personality? Maybe you choose a name that has to do with one of their features such as their size, fur, or eyes.
Having a list of names really helped us narrow in on a few we really loved. We decided to wait and see our new puppy first and spend time with her before landing on a name. If you are reading this, I can only guess you are bringing home a dog with beautiful blue eyes. This list of blue eyed dog names are inspired by color and nature.
What Breeds of Dogs Have Blue Eyes?
Less than 8% of dog breeds have natural blue eyes. While a lot of dog breeds can have blue eyes, this list is some of the most common breeds you will find with those big beautiful eyes of blue.
- Siberian Husky
- Australian Shepherd
- Cardigan Welsch Corgi
- Alaskan Malamute
- Pit Bull
- Border Collie
- Great Dane
Blue Eyed Dog Names Inspired by Colors
There are so many beautiful shades of blue with adorable names that would be a perfect fit for your blue-eyed dog.
- Aqua– a shortened name for the color Aquamarine. This name would be fitting for a dog with blue-green eyes.
- Blue– this name has to make the list. It’s classic, straight to the point, and loved by many. In fact, Blue is the name of my mom’s poodle (and my aunt’s blue heeler).
- Slate– as the name suggests, this is a blue shade with a gray undertone. Slate would be a great option for a dog with gray fur and blue eyes.
- Navy– we all know and love the color navy blue. This would be an adorable name for a male or female pup.
- Indigo (Indie)– a deep blue with a purple undertone. This would be very fitting for a dog with deep blue eyes. Indie would also make a cute nickname for Indigo.
- Cobalt (Colby)-the perfect medium-blue shade. Cobalt is bold and would make a great name for a male dog. Plus, you can use the nickname Colby.
- Baby– this name is inspired by the beautiful baby blue shade. Light, bright, and crisp. This would be a great name for a dog with bright baby blue eyes.
- Midnight– similar to the hues of the night sky. This dark shade of blue combines black undertones. This would make a great name for a dog with deep dark blue eyes.
- Dodger– a bright toned blue used in the uniform of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Even if you are not a sports fan, Dodger is a great name for a pup.
- Periwinkle– blue with lovely shades of purple. I just think this name is adorable and would be fitting for a smaller breed with blue eyes. You could also go with the nickname Perry if you used this name.
- Royal– a deep and rich blue color. It is a stunning color and would make a great name for a pup with deep vivid blue eyes.
Blue Eyed Dog Names Inspired by Nature
I have heard it said that blue is actually one of the rarest colors in nature. If you think about it, there are not many blue animals or flowers. Names inspired by the lovely blue things we see in nature are a perfect source for your dog’s name.
- Blueberry– we all know and love this popular fruit. Blueberry would make a cute name for a small pup with blue eyes.
- Sky– inspired by the skies above. Sky would be a great fit for a dog with bright light blue eyes.
- Neptune– the blue planet in our solar system. Neptune makes for a spunky name that is unique and different. Mickey named his dog Pluto so why can’t Neptune be a great dog name as well?!
- Robin– if you have ever seen Robin eggs, you know their beautiful blue-green tint. I love this name for a blue-green eyed dog.
- Bonnet (Bonnie)– inspired by the bluebonnet flower. Bonnie would make for a cute shortened version of this name.
- Bluebell– No, I’m not referring to the ice cream (however that’s not the worst association your name can have). This name is inspired by the bluebell flower.
- Poppy– blue poppy flowers come from regions in the Himalayas. Poppy would be an adorable name for a blue-eyed dog.
- Iris– inspired by the blue petals of the Iris flowering plant.
- Sapphire– a beautiful blue gemstone. This name would be so cute for a female dog with a fancy vibe.
Blue Eyed Dog Names Inspired by Water
When you think of water, you instantly think of the color blue. That’s why these water associated words would make great names for a dog with blue eyes.
- Rain– I love the name rain for a dog with blue eyes. Something about it is so simple yet so pretty.
- Stormy– this name could be used for both a male or female dog. This name has a sense of “edgy-ness” but still a good classic.
- Bay– an inlet of the sea. I think Bay is such a simple and cute name for a pup. This would also be a perfect fit for a dog who lives near the sea.
- Harbor– a place where boats on the water can find security and comfort. I think this name can have a sweet meaning behind it- a safe refuge.
- Sailor– an adorable name for a pup who loves the water.
Names Inspired by Denim
Yep, names inspired by good ole’ classic blue jeans
- Levi– when I hear the name Levi, I instantly think of the popular Levi Strauss blue jeans. This name just has a blue feeling to it- not in the sad way either!
- Lee– inspired by Lee blue jeans. This would be a nice short and subtle name for a dog with blue eyes.
- Jean– this one is pretty self-explanatory when it comes to the denim category. Plus, the traditional names such as Jean are making a big comeback!
I truly hope this list was able to help you come up with the perfect name for your newest family member. If you are still unsure, check out our other posts on more name ideas- boho dog names or coffee related dog names.
Love this Content? PIN IT!